Thank you for your interest in our online Bible study!
Our mission is very simple: to encourage people just like you to open their Bibles and see what the scriptures say.
Before we begin, we ask just a few things:
- If you start this study, please finish it. The lessons in this study build on each other, with the a-ha moment designed to come near the end. So, even if this study doesn’t seem like what you were looking for, we hope you will continue.
- Use an accurate version of the Bible. We encourage you to use a good, textually accurate Bible to study through this course. You can use almost any popular Bible translation for this study. Two versions we like are the New American Standard Bible (NASB) and the New International Version (NIV). You don’t have to go out and buy a Bible to complete these lessons; you can access multiple versions online at websites such as Bible Gateway (http://www.biblegateway.com/).
- Please remember this is a BIBLE STUDY. The Bible is the standard we use to support everything we teach. Occasionally we study with folks who want to disagree with us based not on what the Bible says but on their own personal opinion or experiences, or on what their pastor says. We cannot prove anything using those methods. We are studying the Bible and we will try to prove what we believe based only on what it says – nothing else.
- Please ask questions and make comments. At the end of each lesson there is a place for you to submit any questions or comments you might have. Just like everyone else, we grow and become better when people challenge our thinking. We don’t mind if you ask questions. We want to be sure we are teaching the truth, and we want you to feel confident you have learned the truth!
- Pray. Before beginning each lesson, we encourage you to pray about it. If you don’t know how, that’s okay. With a humble and honest heart, just ask God to reveal the truth to you and to help you understand. For people wanting to find the truth, Jesus made a promise: “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.” (Matthew 7:7-8)
- Please be courteous and respectful. We promise to be friendly and respectful in all of our responses to questions or comments. And, although we don’t mind you being passionate about what you believe, we ask that you respond in a friendly and respectful way also.
Please tell us a little more about yourself
When it comes to matters of faith, we are all at different points in the journey. Our time studying the Bible together will be much more productive – and less frustrating – if we know a little bit about where you are in terms of your background and current religious beliefs. We want to start on the same page, if we can. This is why we ask you to provide a little information about yourself before we get started. We will never share this information with a third party, and you do not have to provide any information you feel uncomfortable sharing. But please note that if you do not provide an email address our volunteers will have no way to get in touch with you to provide feedback.